Philosophy of Education

As I continue to grow my experience with teaching and working with students my Philosophy of Education adjusts with it. I want every student to thrive and have a positive experience while learning. Being inclusive is very important making sure that no student feels left out, every student is able to learn, and finding the best way to teach that student is essential. 

Creating meaningful experiences and relationships with students is essential if I understand what a student's thoughts are I will be able to help them with learning or anything they might be going through. Understanding that students are also children and are creating experiences such as myself. I want to be there for students that might not have anyone else and create a safe space for them. 

Helping students learn and learning from students is something that I find essential in teaching. Understanding that we do not know everything and that our students are able to share their own experiences to help expand ours. 

Comments

  1. Hi Ana, nice to "see" you again.

    I loved reading your first blog post. It tocuhed me and I related to it a lot. The part where you said we as teachers do not know everything and students are our biggest teachers is what I couldn't agree more with. It is so nice that you express what a big heart you have. Thank you for allowing me to read your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you, I believe that building a healthy relationship with every student is fundamental to success. This helps students feel supported and they are more likely to engage in learning. One way to start building a relationship is by greeting your students by name when they arrive, or giving praise when they work hard. They feel motivated when teachers recognize their hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creating meaningful experiences for students makes a difference. It is important that you mentioned being inclusive as part of your philosophy of teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ana, i completely agree with your beliefs on creating a welcoming environment and wanting a bond with your students. i believe that students knowing they are safe in your classroom and are comfortable to express themselves and lean on their teacher creates a better learning experience for everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment